Wednesday 12 September 2012

Quick Thought on the Publication of the Hillsborough Papers


I was a regular match-goer when Hillsborough happened, and I know only too well what grounds were like back then.  I was involved in crushes on the terraces that thankfully subsided.    

I recall how I felt that day; I was worried for Liverpool supporting friends, and numb at the thought that it could have been any club; any fan; me.  

That the assumption that supporters were in any way to blame for the disaster has been allowed to fester for 23 years is a disgrace.  I hope the whole truth, THE TRUTH, is out there now.  

I also hope the families can now have some peace.  Whilst I listen to Parliament talking about the disaster I'm feeling upset and teary right now, just remembering how I felt.  I can only imagine what the families must be going through.

No comments: